That night Pat and I had to divide and conquer. While Kellan was at his game I was with Elly for her poetry cafe. The third and fourth grade class have been writing poems for their poetry unit, and Ell started school towards the end. Her teacher worked with Elly to get a few poems for her book. It was nice to include her a few days before the event. Her recital was at 6pm, and they began with the song Firework by Katy Perry. I was proud of her getting up in front of everyone to read one of her poems! See pictures and her poem below!
Diamonds
Diamonds are shiny sparkly pretty.
I see diamonds everywhere.
Many are in jewelry,
But the most beautiful are the least expected .
Oceans, rivers, rain, snow, stars.
My favorite diamonds are outside,
But there is a kind, caring diamond in our class. 

I love the poem. I definitely see Schnell influence in it!
ReplyDelete