Friday, June 19, 2015

We have made Garmisch a home! Finally after twelve long weeks we have almost all of our stuff! Our shipment  was delivered and I was doing the happy dance.  I felt bad for the moving company because we have the world heaviest furniture and reside on the third floor!  I felt really bad when the first five boxes came up with the name of another family! I told them they weren’t ours and I swear a mover shed a tear.  I did too.  I knew if we had someone else’s crate then another family had ours.  The last two moves we have requested a full unpack.  I have learned that I move a lot faster when everything is out of the boxes.  The majority of my work is completed before we ever leave the previous duty station.  I study the floor plan of the new place we will be moving and stage my house accordingly.  I then pull out my trusty zip ties and two gallon bags I’ve stored from the previous move.  When the movers finish packing I mark the boxes with boy/girl room etc.  It take me weeks, but the end result is completely worth it.  I can have my entire house put together (including pictures hanging) in 48 hours.  The movers argued with Pat telling him how stressful it would be to do a full unpack, and it was not part of their job.  They finally gave in and I had a mess on my hands!  The first shipment we only had 4 crates.  There weren’t too many boxes,  and it went fast.  The second shipment came a week and a half later with our beds.  They were able to get them all together, and we had the best nights sleep! Finally our last crate came!  I was so happy it was found.  At that point I could not even remember what was in it!  Unfortunately we had quite a bit of damage in this move.  Currently I am working on our claims.  Our sofas were ruined, and a lot of our wood had rubbed up against the crates.  Hopefully everything will work out.  Enjoy the pictures! 






























































1 comment: